There are many different programs for any age within New Maryland. You can view the Village sponsored programs, or the Community sponsored programs.
PNM Zoomers (50 Plus Group)
The PNM Zoomers (Parish of New Maryland) is a 50 Plus Group that is looking to promote and provide a friendly, healthy, and active environment for residents of the Village of New Maryland and surrounding areas. The club aims to promote and provide an environment for physical activity, socialization and networking, community engagement, and advocacy. The club has an active membership and offers a variety of activities and programs. Everyone 50+ in the New Maryland area is welcome to join. An annual membership is only $25 and you can download the registration form here. https://www.vonm.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-PNM-Zoomers-Membership-Application-Form.pdf
The 2nd edition of the PNM Zoomers Newsletter is out. Click here to view the newsletter.
The PNM Zoomers resume their regular activities in September:
- Their general meeting is held the first Monday of the month at 10:00 am in the boardroom. The next meeting is scheduled for October 7th.
- Stretch and strengthening classes take place every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 10:00 – 11:00 am. Classes resumed September 10th.
- The Book Club meets every fourth Thursday at 11:00 am in the boardroom. The next meeting is scheduled for October 24th.
- Line dancing classes take place every Monday at Victoria Hall. Beginner level at 9:15 am and intermediate class follows at 10:30 am. Cost is $5 per person per class. Participants must be a PNM Zoomers member in order to participate.
- The PNM Zoomers host Pot Luck socials every other month. The next social is scheduled for September 18th at 5:30 pm with guest speaker Nick Ingram and co-workers at 6:00 pm. This month’s topic is “Money Abuse with Seniors”.
- The Quilting / Crafting group will be starting up in the Fall and will meet one Wednesday per month. Date and time has not yet been determined.
- Yoga with Nicole takes place on Wednesdays and Fridays in the Seniors Centre @ 10:00 am.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
PNM Zoomers Scholarship
The PNM Zoomers invite High School and University students to apply for the newly established PNM Zoomers Scholarship. Students may receive up to $500 towards their studies. Recipients must live in the Parish of New Maryland (Village of New Maryland, Beaver Dam, Rusagonis, Charters Settlement) and be enrolled in geriatrics or a related field. Applications for High School students are due on June 1st. Applications for University students are due on June 1st. Click here to download the scholarship application. For more information, contact the PNM Zoomers email@example.com.
All of our programs are run out of the Zoomers meeting space in the New Maryland Centre (former Teen Centre, bottom floor). Current Zoomers programming includes the following:
Stretch & Strengthening Classes
PNM Zoomers offers Stretch and Strengthening exercise classes every Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 10:00 to 11:00 am. This runs from September to June. Please bring inside sneakers, yoga mat and elastic exercise band.
PNM Zoomers book club meets every third Thursday morning at 11:00 at the New Maryland Senior Center. This runs from September to June. For more information, please contact the PNM Zoomers. Our next meeting is October 24th. Book to be discussed is “The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir”.
Line Dance Lessons every Monday at 9:15 am for Beginners and 10:30 am for Intermediate. Cost is $5 and you must be a member to participate. For more information please contact the PNM Zoomers.
Potluck Socials / Soup Luncheons
Potluck socials are held on third Wednesday of the following months and are open to all members of PNM Zoomers and guests: January, March, May, September and November. Potlucks run from 5:30-7:30pm, includes guest speaker and door prizes. Join us and bring your favorite dish to share.
Soup Luncheons are offered on alternate months. Our next one is scheduled for Thursday, October 17th at 11:30 am. Theme is Hallowe’en.
The Quilting / Crafting group will be starting up in the Fall and will meet one Wednesday per month. Date and time has not yet been determined.
Yoga With Nicole
Yoga with Nicole takes place on Wednesdays & Fridays in the Seniors Centre @ 10:00 am.
Monthly Membership Meetings
The club holds monthly membership meetings on the first Monday of every month at 10:00am in boardroom room at the New Maryland Center. All members are welcome and encouraged to attend. We are always looking for new ideas and your input is valued. For more information, please contact the PNM Zoomers .
584 New Maryland Highway
New Maryland, New Brunswick E3C 1K1