The Council for the Village of New Maryland established an Emergency Response Plan Committee (ERPC) on January 20, 1999.
The mandate of the Committee is to advise Council on the preparation and implementation of ERPC activities and training. The Committee meets regularly and routinely exercises its plan.
Activities of the Committee include:
- contingency planning for high-risk hazards and / or emergency situations which have been identified by the Committee;
- regular updating and review of the Emergency Response Plan pre-identifying evacuation and reception centres;
- conducting training and exercises designed to test the Emergency Response Plan; and
- involvement with provincial agencies and other municipalities for planning and initiating mutual response agreements.
Responsibilities of the Committee include:
- develop contingency plans for high-risk hazards and/or emergency situations as identified by the Committee;
- review and update the Emergency Response Plan as adopted by Council;
- liaise with provincial agencies and other municipalities to support planning and training;
- review and update mutual aid agreements with other municipalities and agencies;
- review and provide Council with recommendations for the ERPC operating and capital budgets;
- implement the Emergency Response Plan in accordance with By-law No. 10: A By-law of the Village of New Maryland Respecting the Establishment and implementation of an Emergency Response Plan; and
- review and implement the goals identified in the Village’s Strategic Plan.
Per the Village of New Maryland’s Procedural By-law No. 50-2021, the membership of the Committee is comprised designated members of Village staff, 10 (ten) agencies and the Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) Director, as follows:
- Village staff: Mayor as ex-officio, CAO/Clerk as Chairperson, Fire Chief as Vice-Chairperson, Assistant Clerk, Building Inspection Administrative Assistant, Building Inspector /Development Officer and Public Works Supervisor (or their designates as appointed by the CAO/Clerk);
- Agencies: RCMP, Canadian Red Cross, Fredericton Amateur Radio Club, York Sunbury Ground Search and Rescue, Ambulance NB, Horizon Health Network, Anglophone West School District, Faith Baptist Church, New Maryland Lions Club, and Parish of New Maryland Zoomers; and
- EOC Director: The EOC Director shall be a resident or a representative from a participating agency.
The Council for the Village of New Maryland by Resolution (a) shall appoint agency members to serve on the Emergency Response Plan Committee, including the EOC Director; (b) shall designate the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson; (c) may remove any member at any time.
The Committee will host 4 (four) meetings per year in February, May, September and November unless otherwise notified by the Committee Chairperson via the Committee Secretary.
~Check out our Emergency Planning and Preparedness webpage by clicking here.~